9/11: "/11 Cover-up Ten Easily Verified Facts from Major Media Websites
Here are ten important facts on 9/11 that you can quickly and easily verify on the informative website www.WantToKnow.info. You can verify each statement by using the links provided to the original articles on major media websites.
These statements raise the question, "Was 9/11 allowed to happen?" This message is sent with the hope of strengthening democracy and building a brighter future for all of us.
1. America’s top military leaders approved plans to commit acts of terrorism in US cities to trick the public into supporting a war against Cuba in the early 1960s. One proposal even involved hijacking planes as a false pretext for war. [ABC News, 5/1/01, Pentagon Documents]
2. 15 of the 9/11 hijackers should have been denied entry to the US for faulty visa documents. [Washington Post, 10/22/02, ABC, 10/23/02] Two top Republican senators say that if State Department personnel had merely followed the law, 9/11 would not have happened. [AP, 12/18/02, more]
3. In the two years before 9/11, the military conducted exercises simulating hijacked airliners used as weapons to crash into targets including the World Trade Center and Pentagon. Yet after 9/11, the White House and security officials repeatedly said they were shocked that terrorists crashed airliners into landmark buildings. [USA Today, 4/19/04] [Military District of Washington, 11/3/00] [NY Times, 10/3/01]
4. In the three months prior to 9/11, German intelligence warned the CIA that Middle Eastern terrorists were training for hijackings and targeting American interests, and Russian President Putin alerted the US of suicide pilots training for attacks on US targets. In August, Israel warned of an imminent Al Qaeda attack. [Fox News, 5/17/02]
5. On Aug 6, 2001, President Bush received an intelligence briefing warning that bin Laden might be planning to hijack commercial airliners. Titled “Bin Ladin Determined To Strike in US,” the briefing specifically mentions the WTC. Yet Bush later claimed it “said nothing about an attack on America.” [Washington Post, 4/12/04, White House, 4/11/04, Intelligence Briefing, 8/6/01, more]
6. On Sep 10, 2001 top Pentagon officials canceled travel plans for the next day, which was 9/11. [Newsweek, 9/24/01, more]
7. Recovery experts extracted data from 32 damaged WTC computer drives revealing a surge in financial transactions on 9/11. Illegal transfers of over $100 million may have been made through WTC computer systems immediately before and during the disaster. [Reuters, 12/18/01, CNN, 12/20/01, more]
10. Several of the 9/11 hijackers may have had training at US military installations, including lead hijacker Mohamed Atta. [Newsweek, 9/15/01, Washington Post, 9/16/01, New York Times, 9/15/01, more]
11. Bin Laden's family was taken under FBI supervision to a secret assembly point where they left the country on a private charter plane three days after the 9/11 attacks. [New York Times, 9/30/01][Boston Globe, 9/20/01]
12. Members of Congress said that the FBI, CIA, and Justice Department were not cooperating with the 9/11 inquiry. The president opposed an independent inquiry. [New York Times, 10/5/02, CBS, 5/23/02]